A large, rustic, thatch-roofed building consists of 8 en-suite, airconditioned rooms accommodating 2 guests each, with coffee/tea amenities and is serviced daily.
The campsite has an open-air ablution facility with hot water showers and an open-air scullery with running water.
Huge Nyala trees ( Xanthocersis Zambesiaca) in the riverine bush shade the spacious, unfenced campsite where game are regular visitors.
- Fully furnished rooms
- Fully equipped kitchen
- In room coffee/tea amenities
- Rooms serviced daily
- Braai area
- Pool table
- Swimming pool (no towels provided)
- Sundowner viewpoint
- Open air ablutions
- 2 Hot water showers
- 2 Flush toilets
- Washup basin/Scullery
- Power point
- NO TENTS PROVIDED
- More than 300 species has been identified on Hillstone, including the Longtailed Starling and Pel’s fishing owl.
- Stalk them in our gardens, the riverine bush or while on a hike.
- The riverine bush hosts large Nyala- (Xanthocercis Zambesiaca), Ana- (Faidherbia Albida) and Fig- (Ficus) trees.
- On the sandstone outcrops and plains are giant Baobab- (Adansonia Digitata),
Mopane- (Colophospermum Mopane) and Large Leaved Rock Fig- (Ficus Abutilifolia) trees.
Being set apart from large metropolises, the stargazing is exquisite. More so on moonless nights.
Infinite paths and trails to explore. Each with an unique experience.
Mountain biking (guests own bicycles)
- Various routes offer challenging biking skills to the mountain bike enthusiast.
- Endless scenes lend itself to artistic pictures for the amateur- or professional enthusiast.
- In the riverine bush we might encounter elephants, the timid bushbuck or Pel’s fishing owl.
- Several plains game species like; impala, kudu, waterbuck, blue wildebeest, zebra, eland, klipspringer and baboon troops.
- Pre-book your hike to this intriguing site.
- Fascinating phenomena found scattered across the property.
Skeet shooting (guests own shotguns and ammunition)
Great fun for the whole family. Bring along your own shotgun and preferably SSG cartridges.
Hunting: Hillstone Safaris is a registered hunting enterprise. For enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratho Crocodile farm
- 10 min drive from Hillstone. Book your guided tour
Mapungubwe National Park
- 30km from Hillstone, guests can make a day visit to the World heritage site.
- Enquire from reception
Hillstone borders the Northern Tuli Conservation Area opposite the Limpopo River. To access it, guests have to enter Botswana through Pontdrif Border Post. You will need a valid passport and your vehicle’s registration certificate. Border crossing is only possible in the dry season from June to November. Border hours 08:00-16:00.
- Tuli Conservation Area
- Mashatu Game Reserve
- Tuli Lodge